The Abuja Writers Forum (AWF) hosts Goddy Jedy Agba, Guy Feldman and Ausin Oroko at the November 25th edition of the Guest Writer Session which holds at Nanet Suites, Cental Business District , Abuja by 4pm.
Goddy Jedy Agba was born on August 20, 1958 to Uti J. D. Agba and Gertrude Agba. His father is the longest serving monarch in Africa and second longest serving monarch in the world. Uti J. D. Agba was barely 27 when he
ascended the throne of his forefathers, and is at present the Paramount Ruler of Obudu Local Government Area of Cross River State. Uti J. D. Agba also represented Obudu Division in the former Eastern Region House of Chiefs from 1959 to 1966.
After a career in the public service where he had the privilege of serving four ministers – Major General Mamman Jiya Vatsa, Air Vice Marshall Hamza Abdullahi, Alhaji Zakari Ibrahim, and Alhaji Hassan Hadejia as Personal
Assistant, and the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, he voluntarily retired in 2014 as Group General Manager, Crude Oil Marketing Division.
Farming has also become a major part of him since retirement. His firm, Godilogo Farms, has the largest arable farm in Cross River State, employing over 3000 workers, and making it aside Government, the highest employer of
labour in the State. Godilogo Farms also has a farm in Kwara State. His autobiography, Stepping Forward with Uti J. D. Agba, (with Mathias Okoi-Uyouyo) is his first book.
Ambassador Guy Feldman will give a talk on contemporary Isreali Literature. He was the Political and Diplomatic Advisor to the Israeli Minister for National Infrastructure, Energy and Water Resources for 3 years before his
recent posting to Nigeria.
Ambassador Feldman also served in Asmara, Eritrea as Ambassador (2010-2013) and before that, as Deputy Chef of Mission in Vienna, Austria and Manila, Philippines. In between, he has held various positions within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Israel. Ambassador Feldman holds a Bachelor’s degree in Middle Eastern Studies from the University of Haifa, and an MBA from Manchester University.
Austin Oroko, popularly known “Aush”, has been in the music scene for quite a while. The amazing guitarist and vocalist signed to THELMA RECORDS sometime ago and released OXYGEN as his debut single. It describes how life
is going to practically be impossible without God, and is musically a fusion of African soft Rock and a touch of Soul Music.
Aush is indeed one of those persons whose vocals is way outside the box and is appreciated by the audience each time he features at the Guest Writer Session.
The Guest Writer Session which also features a raffle-draw for books, runs from 4-7pm and is open to the public. The Abuja Writer’s Forum also runs a weekly Critique Session and a regular Creative Writing Workshop series.
- The Administrator of Abuja Writers Forum website is Prince Abdulrahman Adejoh Obaje. He is a trained Journalist, Mathematician and Computer Scientist. He is a Media and ICT Consultant; online marketer and social media strategist; and the Founder and Publisher of informavores.com.ng. A proud member of Abuja Writers Forum. He can be reached on +234 7067317495 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Competition2017.11.22Abuja Writers Forum Writing Challenge Dec 2017 – January 2018 Edition (Drama)
- Guest Writer Session2017.11.22Agba, Feldman and Oroko for November Guest Writer Session
- Competition2017.10.04Ecuador –Nigeria Young Writers Short Story Contest Winners
- Guest Writer Session2017.08.17August Guest Writer Session Features Nwoye, Ogahi and Opaluwa